Be sure to support your local doggie businesses!
You’ll find some excellent ways to spend your doggie dollar at these fine establishments:
- Treats Unleashed. Located in the Forum Shopping Center, Treats Unleashed has delicious home-made doggie treats as well as a huge selection of toys and doggie care items, and doggie gift ware for our people-friends who love dogs as much as we do. They also specialize in cakes made just for your special doggie-occasion!
- Lizzi & Rocco’s. This is a high quality natural pet food and products market, which recently opened a second location on I-70 Drive SW. They feature pet-centered events on most weekends. Stop by either location and see what activities and goodies they have in store for your furry friends!
- Columbia Canine Sports Center. This is THE place to take your active dog to learn agility training, obedience, rally racing and more. Classes are small and fun, and everything is taught in a pawsitive way. Give them a call at (573) 817-2272.
- Creature Comforts of Columbia. Jill Swain is an experienced pet caretaker, with several years of working in a vet clinic as part of her background. She offers in-home pet care for all types of companion animals, as well as doing small chores such as picking up the mail, watering the plants, etc. Whether your dog just needs a daily walk or you are planning an extended visit away, Jill can be there to see that your animals are well cared for in the comfort of their own home. Call 816-807-7523 for more information.
- Four Seasons Pet Services, LLC. Need help with your dog’s care for the day or overnight? You can trust Melissa Vogt at Four Seasons Pet Services to look after your fur-babies, in the comfort of their own home. She can also transport Phydeaux to and from the vet, to and from SPA, or any other places around town. Learn about everything she has to offer by calling 573-424-5614 or visit her beautiful website.
- Scoop-n-Doo. This is a dog waste removal service provided locally in Columbia & surrounding towns by David Jacks. He will come to your house once a week and rid your yard of solid dog waste so you don’t have to worry about it. He can be reached by calling (573) 447-2667.
Adopt Some More Love!
Consider adding another dog (or even a cat!) to your household! Some very special animals that need loving homes and warm laps to curl up in are just waiting for you to stop in and get acquainted. Please visit these awesome adoption agencies in person or on the web:
Some Very Doggie Links
No Kill Columbia – No Kill Columbia’s goal is to end the unnecessary killing of adoptable companion animals through awareness and education. They also work with local animal shelters and rescue organizations to help find homes for some loving dogs and cats!
Pet Project Magazine There’s a new kid in town! Pet Project Magazine is Columbia’s brand new go-to source for all the latest happenings in the world of Columbia’s pets. Need to know where you can get Fifi’s toenails trimmed without going to the vet? Where’s the best place in town to take your dog for swim? Pet Project Magazine has all the answers! Pick up a free copy at many locations around town – grocery stores, vet clinics, gas stations, etc. Be ‘in the know’ about all things four-legged, finned and feathered.
The Bark Magazine – This is THE best dog magazine out there. Thoughtful stories, great artwork, and even the ads are fun!
My Buddy Pal – If you long for original dog artwork on your note and greeting cards, then you should check out My Buddy Pal. These are humorous yet thoughtful sentiments printed on heavy card stock with adorable drawings by the artist, Michael Murphy. His work has been featured in all the best dog magazines, The New Yorker, and museum catalogs. Check out the website to read the true story of how these cards came to be – all because of a golden retriever named “Pal”.
Doggy Layer Cake Your dog will DROOL over this yummy cake! Surprise him (and his doggie friends) with one on his next birthday!