Please read this page carefully. This will help South Paw Acres maintain a safe and fun atmosphere for your dog. All of the download files are in PDF. Please download the free Acrobat Reader if you do not have it.
Guidelines For Pet Owners
All dogs are screened in a personal interview at South Paw Acres with their owner prior to bookings. Below are some basic criteria to consider before requesting an interview:
Is Your Dog:
- Four months old or older?
- Spayed or neutered?
- Current on all vaccinations?
- Social with other dogs and people?
- Free of excessive anxiety?
- Non-aggressive about toys or food?
- Free of parasites / in overall good health?
- Comfortable around strangers?
- Non-anxious when left alone?
- Micro-chipped? (recommended)
The Interview Process
To ensure that every dog admitted to South Paw Acres has a fun, friendly, and healthy experience, we require each dog to go through an application and interview process.
To be admitted into the South Paw Acres program, please do the following:
- Download and complete one Application for Enrollment for each of your dogs. The form may be completed on the computer. Print the completed application and bring it with you to your interview.
- Please read the Policies & Procedures prior to your interview. You will be asked to initial a line on the boarding agreement stating that you have read and agree to these policies and procedures.
- Download, print, read and sign the Boarding Agreement. The form may be completed on the computer. Be sure to initial the Policy & Procedure agreement statement at the bottom. Also bring this form to your interview.
- For your interview, please provide a copy of your dog's vaccination records, showing that your vet has updated your pet on all required shots and that he or she is spayed or neutered. Your dog will also need a Bordatella vaccine before it will be allowed to board at SPA. If you are not familiar with Bordatella, please consult with your veterinarian.
- All canine guests of South Paw Acres are requested to be micro-chipped, at the suggestion of the Missouri Department of Agriculture, for emergency identification purposes. If your dog(s) is not yet micro-chipped, please visit with your vet about having this service performed in the near future.
- There is a $10 interview fee per family. Interviews are given by appointment only. Call 573-446-ARFF (2733) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you and your furry friend!
Interviews are scheduled between 10:00 a.m. -12:00 pm, 4:00 pm or 4:30 pm Wednesday through Friday,
and 10:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m. on weekends. Most interviews take about 30 minutes.